CHARACTERS IN LOVE
During the month of February 2014, Mysti Parker featured various writers, books, and genres. Hadrian gave the following interview which explains his love for Reisha. You can read more of these interviews from Mysti here: http://mystiparker.blogspot.com/2014/02/characters-in-love
Today, let's welcome soon to be Emperor of Rome - Hadrian.
1. Please tell us a little about yourself.
I am Hadrian -- next in line to be Emperor of First Century Rome.
2. How/where did you first meet your love interest?
The first time I saw the healer, Reisha, I was injured and close to death.
3. Was it love (or attraction) at first sight?
I have never met a female so independent, intelligent, or strong-willed. She drives me to distraction with her infernal badgering! I grant her this but still she wants that.
4. When did you know for certain that you were in love?
She badgered me to give her a soldier’s uniform. Who ever heard of a woman in a Roman uniform! She would not give up and soon drove me to shout at her loud enough to wake the camp! I finally relented and from that moment forward, my heart was hers.
5. Have you done anything to compromise your love (or vice verse)?
I have no choice but to become engaged to my distant cousin, by order of Emperor Trajan. No matter what I say or do, Reisha will not consent to become my mistress.
6. Has anyone ever come between you?
Certainly not! I see my officers cast longing glances at her. My most trusted Praetorian Guard, Pailief, watches over Reisha for me.
7. If you could take your lover on the perfect date, where would that be?
Do you suppose I have not already done this? Her favorite site in Rome is the Pantheon, home of the Roman gods. I arranged a private supper with delicacies from the four corners of the Empire, such as bananas, oranges, chocolate, lobster, shrimp, and ice cream. I offered my love to her, but she refused. She will not consent to be my mistress.
8. Is there anything your lover does that completely annoys you?
Ha! Everything. But especially her stubbornness drives me insane.
9. What's the biggest challenge you've faced together as a couple?
With Reisha, there is no compromise. She refuses to accept my offers of jewels, servants, my personal villa, travel, and advanced medical training with my top military physicians. Still she will not settle for anything less than marriage.
10. Is there a happily ever after in store for you?
My campaign of force has not worked. Perhaps I should create a new battle plan - one that will convince Reisha to be my life’s companion.